Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 04 December 2018
Do you thrive in an environment of, innovation, autonomy, flexibility and one where you are empowered to take responsibility? Are you looking for a place to build a career and not just have a job? Check out our Sales Engineer opportunity!
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
We’re looking for a dynamic individual to join our US Aluminum commercial team. This demanding role is responsible for managing and growing Pyrotek’s sales of technical products and solutions to customers in the PA and Midsouth covering the States of PA and VA and is based out of Carlisle, PA. You will be given the responsibility and freedom to use your business and commercial skills to continue building on Pyrotek’s established customer relationships.
Position will primarily serve SouthCentral PA.
Sales Engineer Responsibilities
• Visit customers on a regular basis to understand their needs and build customer rapport
• Utilize resources to develop technical solutions to customer process needs
• Lead the commercial process for assigned territory: identify opportunities, generate customer interest, prepare proposals and quotations, negotiate and gain new business
• Meet and exceed sales and gross profit targets for assigned territory
• Provide commercial and technical support to customers
• Utilize tools provided to analyze and improve territory performance
• Communicate customer interactions via Pyrotek’s sales and customer relationship management process
• Commitment to continuously improving your professional development
• Work with customer service, operations and supply chain as needed to ensure order fulfilment expectations are met
• Prepare and successfully execute presentations to both customers and internal partners
Sales Engineer Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Customer Service. Passion for providing a high level of customer service and business development activities along with an in-depth understanding of sales principles.
• Mechanical and Business Sales Acumen. Ability to build relationships and sell technical solutions in an industrial setting. Persistence and ability to overcome obstacles.
• Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”.
• Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact; work collaboratively with diverse group of people at all levels with internal and external customers. Genuine, with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or a related technical discipline, plus 4+ years of related work/sales experience in a technical or process related industry
• Demonstrated success/aptitude in industrial business to business sales
• Experience utilizing a CRM tool and/or other reporting functions to document client contact and supporting client operations
• While a plus, prior aluminum or foundry experience is not required. Pyrotek provides comprehensive technical and commercial training to its commercial team.
Please note: This role requires travelling within the PA and VA region including occasional overnight stays.
Sales Engineer Benefits
At Pyrotek, we believe that, our employees, are our most important asset. We help our employees and their families maintain good health-physical, emotional, and financial.
• Competitive benefits including profit sharing, auto reimbursement and educational assistance
• Medical, dental, vision, 401k
• Wellness Program
Successful candidates can expect an initial phone screen followed by a series of in person interviews. We like candidates to speak to a variety of people to really gain an understanding of Pyrotek!
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.