Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 04 December 2018 until 18 December 2018
Directs and coordinates activities of production department in manufacturing products by overseeing and following standard operating procedures. Plans and oversees machine production to meet business orders and goals. Production of machine parts while maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Monday through Thursday
Friday Partial Shift As Needed
Supervises employees in machining production operations. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of machinery operations. Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, assist with hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Additional responsibilities may include program setup and run CNC mills and Lathes in an operational capacity.
Bachelor's or Associates degree from an accredited college or university or five or more years production supervision; or equivalent combination of education and experience.•Requirements include 5-7 years experience in Production Management or Supervision, preferably in a Machine Shop running manual and CNC equipment. Knowledge of cellular manufacturing, capacity planning, and workforce planning is a must A technical education or military training are a plus.
- Duties will include oversight of production employees in several departments, mainly machine shop.
- Daily assures employees are performing duties safely. PPE, work cell, and equipment are being used in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Oversees manufacturing subordinates in effectively meeting production goals and objectives and in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance and compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Provides training, coaching, and disciplinary action when needed for lack of performance.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to verify materials and plan department operations.
- Reviews, plans, balances and adjusts manufacturing schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Supervise, support, train and develop personnel in assigned area.
- Resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner.
- Directly manage employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, resolving issues, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hiring and terminations in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Provides direction and example (Cooperate and comply fully) for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Maintain quality of equipment by confirming completion of preventive maintenance requirements and auditing for completion.
- Troubleshooting occasional malfunctions, and documenting/calling for repairs as required.
- Within assigned areas, foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your assigned team toward excellence and acting with integrity and ethics. Create a work environment that helps foster the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways.
- Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
- Provide clear communication among staff during work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs between shifts.
- Document actions by completing mandatory production and quality logs.
- Accomplish organization and production goals and objectives as outlined.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Supports compliance to ISO processes and procedures.
- Evaluates and assigns duties as needed for conformance to housekeeping standards and continuously improves shop appearance.
- Procurement of warehouse supplies and P-Card Accountability.
- Review and reassess and as needed quote vendors to ascertain opportunities for cost savings.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities
- Resolves worker issues or submits unsettled issues to Operations Managers for action.
- Reviews, corrects or adjusts, and approves employee time sheets on electronic system time keeping system.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.