Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 16 April 2019
Operate, including setting up two routers, which provides the ability to machine parts complete or nearly complete without having to go to multiple machining situations, saving time on setting up other machines to achieve the same outcome.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Up to one-month related experience or training.
- Understanding Standard G & M Codes used in programs.
- Reading and understanding a program & lines of a program.
- Coordinate planes as associated to the machine and the program.
- Understanding the machine control/panel and operation functions.
- Set up – Machine & part offsets and using cutter compensation.
- Tooling – Use of proper tooling and understanding when tooling is dull.
- Set Up sheets and their proper use.
- Knowledge of correct fixtures required for the job.
- Knowledge and use of Total Preventive Maintenance program
- Responsible for production of product within time allotted so that cost to customer is kept down.
- Maintain scrap to a minimum so that the company saves money.
- Produce quality parts so that customer requirements are met.
- Set up and run jobs and work with engineering to reduce the set up and run times of jobs.
- Ability to read and understand directions, work instructions, work orders, set up sheets, packaging instructions and drawings.
- Operate multiple machines.
- Adhere to clocking on and off jobs; complete paperwork neatly and completely
- Perform routine checks and secure the proper tooling for jobs.
- Troubleshoot process and correct problem.
- Inspection of parts periodically during run per the specified requirements.
- Inspect co-workers first and last parts on run per the specified requirements.
- Responsible for the quality of parts produced and parts inspected.
- Assist coworkers when needed with heavy parts; and keep scrap and overruns on jobs to a minimum.
- Responsible for downloading programs to the machines.
- Review and read packaging instructions and package completed parts properly. If insufficient packaging instruction, package parts and fill out a packaging instructions sheet.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, warehouse and other departments to secure materials needed and delivery to the proper work area.
- Work as a team player, coordinating the set up and run times of jobs that need to pass through multiple areas to ensure that the customers order is complete and packaged for delivery by the due date.
- Maintain a clean shop, wipe down machines, clean inside of machines, work benches, and file cabinets, as well as sweep, mop floors and lubricate machines
- Alternate removal of trash and dumping dust collecting bags, as well as understand how dust collector operates.
- Insure tools and tooling are stored in the proper areas.
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and lift 10 – 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision; peripheral vision, depth perception and ability adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.