Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle, PA , Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 10 January 2019
Responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
●High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)/Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
●Minimum three years of work experience as a CNC Machinist or successful completion of an associate’s degree in machining.
Position schedule is 2nd shift working M-Th with 10hr shift.
Training begins on 1st shift.
- Follow production schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations and machining parameters. Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Operate CNC lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches. Determination of calculating requirements to include: basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts. G-code and/or conversational programming required.
- Set-up CNC lathes by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and indicating parts.
- Load raw material by lifting stock into position. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces, and adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specification by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, and facing. Taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and editing existing programs; and replacing worn tools. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and reporting issues for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs. Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.