Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 17 April 2019
Responsible for running a variety of machines to produce satisfactory finished articles according to customer specifications, and packages parts for shipment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Minimum One to three months related experience and/or training.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communications Skills: Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short notes and memos. Ability to write basic notes and memos. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Computer/Application Skills: Proficient CNC machining skills (programming, tooling knowledge, and ability to read blueprints.) Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Proficient with math skills, especially geometric calculations. Ability to identify and implement improvements.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction, and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgement and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management, and organization skills. Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
Mathematical Skills: Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
- To perform this role successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Works with others as a team so that customer’s orders are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis.
- Utilizes measuring equipment to assure parts meet all specifications of customer.
- Reads drawings, packaging sheets and follows directions to insure adherence to all specifications.
- Required to produce quality parts so that customer expectations for quality, quantity and on time delivery are met.
- Follow daily work schedule to maximize productivity, and priority of orders.
- Read work orders and production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cuts, dimensions and tolerances.
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints and specifications and assembly sheets, Alcoa tips, boxes for Alcoa, floats.
- Plan workflow steps.Set up, operate, and troubleshoot machines, including punch press, milling machine, lathe, drill press, and spray booth to produce parts that meet specifications for quality, quantity and on-time shipment.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades or other fixtures in machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Monitor machine operations and record operational data to supervisory staff.
- Test and adjust machine speeds and actions, according to production specifications, and using gauges and hand tools.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
- Work with and be familiar with safety precautions for different types of chemicals for coating duties.
- Visually inspect completed work for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Measure completed work to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Inspection of parts periodically during run per the specified requirements.
- Inspect co-workers first and last parts on run per the specified requirements.
- Be responsible for the quality of parts produced and parts inspected.
- Read packaging instructions and package completed parts properly.
- If no packaging instruction, package parts and fill out a packaging instructions sheet.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, warehouse and other departments to secure materials needed and delivery to the proper work area.
- Work as a team player, coordinating the set up and run times of jobs that need to pass through multiple areas to insure that the customers order is complete and packaged for delivery by the due date.
- Maintain a clean shop, wipe down machines, clean inside of machines, work benches, and file cabinets, as well as sweep and mop floors.
- Lubricate machinesTake turns at taking out trash and dumping dust collecting bags, as well as understand how dust collector works.
- Responsible for insuring tools and tooling are stored in the proper areas.Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.