Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 17 December 2018 until 28 February 2019
The Accounting Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to oversee the daily operation of the USA’s central accounting office.
Ensuring a high level of timeliness, accuracy, and proper internal controls, this person will manage a team of accounting and
clerical staff members in the performance of financial functions including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations,
general ledger maintenance, and fixed asset accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, plus 5 to 10 years related experience including three of those years supervising a team or 3 or more on day-to-day, month-end, and year-end accounting processes.
- Experience working in a mid to large size company and/or manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience working with internal and external auditors a plus.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function to ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments.
- Oversee the receipt and application of customer and other payments, ensuring each are recorded timely and applied correctly.
- Interacting with intercompany locations to confirm balances to/from and help solve invoicing/billing issues.
- Administer Purchasing Card program.
- Oversee fixed asset cost accumulation, capitalization, and reporting process.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Ensure month end closing processes proceed timely and predictably.
- Assist as required with preliminary and year-end audit activities.
- Assist as required with data requests in support of annual income tax filings.
- Monthly and ad hoc data reporting and analysis from the ERP and other systems to Excel.
- Ensure application of continuous improvement methods, such as LEAN, to identify opportunities or implement changes to improve accounting processes or products or to reduce costs.
- Supervise, coach support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner; directly manage employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance/compensation, resolving grievances, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hires and terminations in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives and expectations throughout assigned department/staff.
- Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication.
- Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives.
- Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values.
- Create a work environment that helps foster tolerance, acceptance and civility and the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways.
- Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
- Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans.
- Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary.
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting
- Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures.
- Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance.
- As a member of the management team, promote and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.