Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, Ohio, United States
Open: 08 October 2018 until 10 December 2018
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Plan, forecast, and procure required materials to ensure Pyrotek fully meets customer commitments. Work with cross-functional teams on R&D projects and with Quality Assurance to ensure the suppliers meet expected quality standards.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting or related field, plus 5 years’ experience in a Purchasing, supply chain management, or related role, preferably in a global manufacturing environment.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Visual Basics or other ERP/MRP system.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to read and understand specs on engineering prints. Strong negotiating skills required. Ability to prioritize work load appropriately. Ability to read engineering prints to ensure quality from suppliers.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Travel. International travel required as the needs of graphite demand dictate.
- Procure materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with purchasing products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies.
- Assess, audit and keep appropriate inventory levels based on Supply and Demand forecasts, product rotation, historical usage, supplier lead time changes, and sales inputs.
- Participate in or lead supplier contract negotiations, sustain supplier base and engage suppliers in projects that improve quality, minimize lead time, and improve pricing and terms of the contract.
- Proactively run and react to MRP signals daily to ensure OTD to customers and replenishment of stock levels.
- Develop and maintain an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders and tracking of late purchase orders.
- Keep stakeholders informed of critical supply issues by proactively critical supply/procurement issues, including late purchase orders, in a timely manner. Collaborate with other department to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
- Ensures pricing and terms are correct on all Purchase orders.
- Support Inventory Cycle counting or Yearly Inventory Counts as required by the business.
- Responsible for the research and set up of new suppliers to support the business needs. This could include, but is not limited to, travel to other countries, working with quality, engineering, sales and senior leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.