Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, Ohio, United States
Open: 24 May 2019
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Plan, forecast, and procure required materials to ensure Pyrotek fully meets customer commitments. Work with cross-functional teams on R&D projects and with Quality Assurance to ensure the suppliers meet expected quality standards.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting or related field, plus 5 years’ experience in a Purchasing, supply chain management, or related role, preferably in a global manufacturing environment.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Visual Basics or other ERP/MRP system.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to read and understand specs on engineering prints. Strong negotiating skills required. Ability to prioritize work load appropriately. Ability to read engineering prints to ensure quality from suppliers.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Travel. International travel required as the needs of graphite demand dictate.
- Procure materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with purchasing products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies.
- Assess, audit and keep appropriate inventory levels based on Supply and Demand forecasts, product rotation, historical usage, supplier lead time changes, and sales inputs.
- Participate in or lead supplier contract negotiations, sustain supplier base and engage suppliers in projects that improve quality, minimize lead time, and improve pricing and terms of the contract.
- Support site strategic goals from the supply chain perspective.
- Proactively run and react to MRP signals daily to ensure OTD to customers and replenishment of stock levels.
- Develop and maintain an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders and tracking of late purchase orders.
- Keep stakeholders informed of critical supply issues by proactively critical supply/procurement issues, including late purchase orders, in a timely manner. Collaborate with other department to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
- Ensure critical documents are completed accurately and maintained per the company document retention policy.
- Ensures pricing and terms are correct on all Purchase orders.
- Maintains supplier information per company policy and procedures.
- Read and interpret engineering prints to ensure quality from suppliers.
- Analyze data to ensure ordering parameters are maintained in Visual. (ERP/MRP system.)
- Support Inventory Cycle counting or Yearly Inventory Counts as required by the business.
- Responsible for the research and set up of new suppliers to support the business needs. This could include, but is not limited to, travel to other countries, working with quality, engineering, sales and senior leadership.
- Negotiate supplier contracts and maintain updates on supplier documentation.
- Perform supplier audits that align with the company quality and supply chain standards. Assist with resolution on any supplier quality issues as needed.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally work in an office environment with time spent on production floor to assist with resolution of any supplier quality and / or delivery issues. May be exposed to airborne graphite. May require the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.