CNC Machinist- 3rd Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ohio, United States
Open: 13 November 2018
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Responsible for producing machined parts by setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, HSA with employer contributions, and a 401K matching program. Employees on 3rd shift earn an additional shift premium of 10% in addition to hourly wage.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)/Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
- Minimum three years of work experience as a CNC Machinist or successful completion of a certified machining program.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Follow production schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations and machining parameters.
- Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T). Operate CNC machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches.
- Determination of calculating requirements to include: basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts. G-code and/or conversational programming required.
- Set-up CNC machines by performing simple edits, installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and indicating parts with minimal to no assistance.
- Load raw material by lifting stock into position.
- Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces, and adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specification by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, and facing.
- Taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and editing existing programs; and replacing worn tools.
- Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes. Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and reporting issues for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment where employee is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.