Production Supervisor Machining Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, OH, Ohio, United States
Open: 09 November 2018
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Supervise, direct and coordinate activities of production department in manufacturing products by overseeing and following standard operating procedures. Plan and oversee machine production to meet business orders and goals. Oversee the production of machined parts while maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
• Bachelor's or Associates degree from an accredited college or university, or;
• 5 years’ experience in Production Management or Supervision, preferably in a Machine Shop running manual and CNC equipment.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communications Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Application Skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Proficient with math skills, especially geometric calculations. Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement objectives.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction, and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgement and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management, and organization skills. Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
CNC Machining Skills. Understanding of machining theory including; tooling, offsets, editing, GD&T, etc. Ability to set up and run CNC mills and lathes in an operational capacity. Ability to use hand tools. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings. Ability to use and interpret values of calibrated instruments for production qualification.
Supervisory Skills. Ability to provide overall direction, coordination and evaluation of machinery operations. Ability to interview, assist in hiring and training employees. Ability to plan, assign and direct work. Ability to appraise performance, document disciplinary action and reward positive behaviors, address complaints and resolve issues as they arise.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
1. Oversight of production employees in machine shop.
a. Directs staff in effectively meeting production goals in a timely and cost-effective manner.
b. Monitors’ performance of staff to ensure compliance with standards operating procedures.
2. Maintain specified scrap objectives and inventory of assigned supply items.
3. Provide training, coaching, and disciplinary action when warranted. Evaluate and assign duties as needed for conformance to standards of performance on KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
4. Provide assistance to the Process Engineering Group in product/process development.
5. Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to verify materials and plan department operations.
6. Assess. develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards and recognize opportunities for continuous improvement (with cycle times, setup, etc.).
7. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
8. Provide clear communication among staff during work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs between shifts. Document actions by accurately completing necessary production records and reports.
9. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure and establish production priorities and quality of products meets specifications.
10. Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
11. Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization. Coordinate maintenance of process equipment with the Maintenance Department.
12. Supports compliance to ISO processes and procedures.
13. Review, and as needed quote vendors to ascertain opportunities for cost savings.
14. Review, correct and approve employee time sheets on electronic system time keeping system.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment where employee is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.