Customer Service Quoting Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, Ohio, United States
Open: 02 November 2018
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, confidence and goodwill through exceptional interaction. Responds to inquiries about products and services and assists in resolving complaints. Supports Outside Sales team with quotes, CRM data, and reporting, as needed.
Associates Degree in Engineering or related field, plus two years of experience in inside sales, preferably in a technical or engineering field; or combination of education and experience. Experience in a Lean manufacturing setting preferred.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification and respond accurately to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Ability to communicate in English globally.
Technical Skills. Ability to read and interpret blue prints and dimensions. Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
Customer Service. Demonstrated passion for providing a high level of customer service with an in-depth understanding of customer service practices. Proven ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for service and assistance. Consistently meet commitments.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Visual Basics ERP knowledge or another ERP system preferred. CRM and Q2P (Quote to Part) experience preferred.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, confidence and goodwill through performance of the following activities:
- Answering incoming customer calls and emails regarding quote requests, new purchase orders, billing issues, and general customer concerns.
- Accurately entering sales orders into the ERP system and file documentation.
- Working with sales, engineering, production and quote to part to ensure timely processing of quotes to customers, preferably a 24 to 48-hour turnaround.
- Working with cross functional teams to ensure on time delivery to our customers.
- Timely processing of RMA’s (Return Material Authorization), complaints, and new orders.Communicating order status updates as appropriate to the customers or outside sales team.
- Serve as back up to other Customer Service Representatives (CSRs), as needed.
- Perform functions within Order Fulfillment Department, as needed.
- Support Outside Sales team with data entry, CRM (Customer Relations Management) updates, reporting, RFQ (Request for Quote) and entry into CRM.
- Manage Pump Rebuild order quoting.
- Support CSR with build sheets on pump orders that are configured.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally work in an office environment. Will be required to go onto plant floor occasionally as needs/issues arise where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Some travel to customer sites required (less than 20%).
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.