Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, Ohio, United States
Open: 31 May 2019
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plan that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
This position on 1st shift is responsible for producing parts while maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies. First shift is Monday-Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, weekends and overtime are optional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates single operation machines such as band sawing, threading, tapping, pipe machining, drilling, turning, shouldering, grinding, and polishing.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Follow production schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, material specifications, and locations.
- Run more complicated operations or machines under supervision/guidance.
- Produce high quality parts within acceptable time and quality standards.
- Load raw material by lifting stock into position. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces to produce high quality parts adhering to acceptable international
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work in a manufacturing environment where employee is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles where PPE may be required.
Req. #: REF27T
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.