Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ohio, United States
Open: 05 February 2019
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Responsible for producing machined parts by setting up, and operating manual and computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes 2 weeks vacation your 1st year, medical, dental, vision, HSA with employer contributions, and a 401K matching program.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)/Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
- Minimum three years of work experience as a CNC Machinist or successful completion of a certificate program in machining.
• Follow production schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations and machining parameters. Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Operate Manual and CNC machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches. Understanding of G and M Code programming required. Determination of calculating requirements to include: basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts.
• Set-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and indicating parts.
• Load raw material by lifting stock into position by lifting stock into position utilizing and safe lifting techniques. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces, and adhering to international standards.
• Maintain specification by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, and facing. Taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and editing existing programs; and replacing worn tools. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and reporting issues for repairs.
• Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs. Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
• Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
• Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.