Production Control Expeditor
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, Ohio, United States
Open: 24 January 2019 until 21 March 2019
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Facilitate the successful implementation of the Planner’s fixed schedule based off the rough-cut capacity model. Resolve daily issues with production teams to ensure completion of process orders.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
1-2 years’ experience in a lean manufacturing environment
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Excel, Outlook, and Visual Basics or other ERP/MRP system.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
1. Assist planner in ensuring a seamless production planning schedule by:
- Tracking open orders through the production process.
- Running Open Order/Backlog report and tracking progress and late sales orders.
- Managing packets waiting on material and communicate with purchasing as necessary to ensure orders hit the promised delivery date to our customer.
- Entering and pulling data from ERP system to update plant metrics file.
- Preparing and issuing work order packets to shop floor.
- Working cross-functionally to expedite customer orders.
- Working with material handler to substitute material where necessary to ensure OTD.
- Processing Inter-Branch Transfers (IBT) to cover MRP triggers.
- Assisting Master Planner with MRP processing.Proactively communicating with Master Planner if orders are going to be delayed.
- Actively participate in weekly capacity meetings.
- Working collaboratively with Master Planner, ensure date alignment of orders to facilitate OTD and level loading based on the stated capacity for each piece of equipment.
2. Cross train in other functions of the Order Fulfillment department for back up coverage.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work in an office environment. Will be required to walk through the graphite machine shop to track orders and communicate with the shop leadership team where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.