Customer Service / Production Control Representative
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, OH, Ohio, United States
Open: 01 April 2019
Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, confidence and goodwill through exceptional customer service and support of assigned sales teams. Provide administrative/reporting support to Production Control.
High School Graduate or GED, plus minimum of one year of experience in a customer service role required, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience in a Lean manufacturing setting preferred.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. This person should have high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Ability to remain professional and courteous with Internal and External customers always.
Customer Service. Demonstrated passion for providing a high level of customer service with an in-depth understanding of customer service practices. Proven ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for service and assistance. Consistently meet commitments.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Ability to communicate via email and phone with customers, domestically and globally.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Visual Basics ERP knowledge or another ERP system preferred. CRM and Q2P (Quote to part) experience preferred.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
1. Provide positive and effective internal and external customer and sales support, to include:
a. Receiving, answering and/or fielding incoming customer calls, emails and faxes regarding quote requests, new purchase orders, billing issues, and general customer concerns.
b. Establishing positive working relationships with all customers by providing courteous and responsive feedback.
c. Accurately entering sales orders into the ERP system and filing documentation.
d. Sending established pricing quotes to customers in the expected 24 to 48-hour turnaround.
e. Working with cross functional teams to ensure on time delivery to our customers.
f. Ensuring timely processing of RMA, complaints, and new orders.
g. Supporting Outside Sales team with data entry, CRM updates, RFQ entry, and reporting, as needed.
h. Providing feedback to outside sales team as needed for complaints/customer issues.
2. Process all customer orders utilizing standard operating procedures for Visual, to include:
a. Evaluating available on hand inventory.
b. Maintaining accurate want and promise dates within the system and communicate initial and revised dates to the customer.
c. Utilizing lead times to establish initial promise date to the customer.
d. Reviewing pricing for accuracy.
e. Working cross-functionally on customer expedites.
f. Proactively following up with customer orders appearing on late order report, quotes provided to customers, etc.
g. Communicating order status updates as appropriate to the customers or outside sales team.
3. Facilitate Pump Rebuild order process by effectively tracking progress through the rebuild cycle.
Production Control Support
4. Provide positive and effective support to the production control team, to include:
a. Printing work order packets.
b. Distributing production packets to the appropriate department.
c. Assisting with material checks, as directed by the Master Scheduler.
d. Assisting Master Scheduler with MRP processing; for example, running reports and saving reports to designated files.
e. Running open order / backlog reports and tracking progress of open orders.
f. Communicating work orders to the appropriate CSR, Order Fulfillment Manager, and/or Master Scheduler.
5. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
6. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
7. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
8. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
9. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
10. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
11. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be comfortable going to the plant floor to gather information from plant foremen and communicate with shipping.
Generally, work in an office environment.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.