CNC Maintenance Technician B - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, OH, Ohio, United States
Open: 30 April 0019
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high-temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger, more beautiful and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. We are also investing and growing rapidly in complementary vertical markets such as glass manufacturing and acoustic noise control. Pyrotek is headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
Primarily responsibility for troubleshooting and resolving issues with equipment in and around the plant. Providing assistance to install machinery and equipment. Perform preventative maintenance to proactively identify or eliminate issues before they arise.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, HSA with employer contributions, and a 401K matching program. Second shift employees receive a 7% shift premium.
- H.S. Diploma or GED, Associate or Technical Degree, preferred.
- 2 years of related experience
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery, equipment, facilities, and buildings in and about plant.
- Carry out fabrication of parts as required.
- Perform installation of equipment and machinery.
- Identify, request, order, and pick-up replacement parts in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Preform preventative maintenance on machine tools to include machine control back-ups, and general building equipment.
- Actively assist in managing and updating the CMMS program.
- Ensure written work schedule is completed in prescribed time frame.
- Actively support all ISO systems and personnel.
- Utilize appropriate equipment, thoroughly test and inspect machine tools and building equipment before returning equipment back to service.
- Complete all electrical work assigned to local and state code.
- Fabricate, weld, and machine parts as needed to maintain machine up time.
- Maintain clean work area and ensure all equipment used is in proper working condition.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, walk on concrete floors, lift or push up to 50 pounds occasionally. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Must be able to withstand: temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons, light to moderate amount of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise. Work in plant and outside facility. Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolds, standing, walking, lifting and kneeling on hard surfaces for long periods of time. Must work safely in a graphite-machining environment. Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.