Production Associate - Floater 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Salisbury, NC, US, North Carolina, United States
Open: 12 February 2019
Production Associate - Floater
Note: This position is on second shift with working schedule of Monday through Friday, 2:15 PM - 10:45 PM
Associate must be proficient in basic machine operations. This included molds, saws and routers. Additionally, the associate must be able to measure the quality of the product through use of the measurement instrumentation.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired, or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
Minimum one (1) year manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills to interface with a variety of computers in completing work orders.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Possess the functional and technical skills, which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity, and honesty. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and Company Policies. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator. Exhibit flexibility in work schedule beyond a normal workday as needed.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
1. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
2. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
3. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
4. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
5. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
6. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
7. Follow direction of supervisor in performance of all duties.
8. Read and understand work orders and specifications.
9. Perform the requirement of the work order.
10. Maintain workstation in a clean orderly manner.
11. Produce parts to required tolerances at an acceptable production rate.
12. Notify supervisor of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
13. Keep work area, including machines and floor clean at all times.
14. Identify areas improvement, cost and waste reduction.
15. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this positon, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift maneuver/handle material up to 60 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee work solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, heat and cold environmental conditions.
Req # 1379
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.