Maintenance Technician - Salisbury, NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: North Carolina, United States
Open: 15 May 2019
Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing: machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in an industrial setting by performing the following duties.
- Associate’s degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School.
- One year related industrial maintenance experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and related industrial maintenance experience.
Core People Skills
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Core Business Skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.”
- Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Visually inspects/tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with production associates, supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring and electrical and/or electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repair/replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repair/maintains physical structure of establishment.Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
- Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) operations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Req # REF17Z
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.