Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Elmsford , New York, United States
Open: 07 December 2017 until 28 March 2019
Execute engineering assignments with a high standard of engineering expertise and dedication. Oversee and participate in projects from initiation through assembly in the customer plant. Including equipment planning, CADD design, oversee manufacture, assist in the preparation of customer manuals, troubleshoot field problems and as required supervise installation of the equipment at the customer’s plant. Participate in development tests in-house and in the field, check detail and assembly drawings, schematics, maintain effective and frequent communication within the organization.
Engineering degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience in capital equipment design and manufacturing.Knowledge and Experience in CADD softwareSome Travel may be required
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including Microsoft Office Products, Visio, and CADD.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mechanical Engineering. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical proposal; offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposal process meets customer expectations and are aligned with the Company's product portfolio, development, and sales goals.
- Arrange and take a lead role in proposal review, proposal clarification, and project kick-off meetings.
- Serve in a technical sales roles with presentations to key customers and in business development opportunities.
- Provide after sale support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions as needed.
- Project Management when needed and appropriate.
- Develop quality & EHS documentation/ensure compliance as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participates in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures.
- Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform related work and other job assignments as required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.