Manufacturing Engineer II - Sanborn, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New York, United States
Open: 31 January 2019
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, participate in or lead programs to develop new products and processes, improve existing processes, complete development trials, lead or support capital expenditure projects, documents procedures, and provide equipment support.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related technical discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience in a technical or process related industry, preferably within the aluminium or foundry industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience managing all phases of complex technical projects is required.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Progressive, flexible and team-oriented.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including Microsoft Office products, Visio and 3-D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
Core Business Skills. Proficiency in managing all phases of complex technical projects. Ability to manage procurement and implementation of new capital equipment. Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or lean manufacturing principles strongly desired. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Use of resources, analytical skills and process focus to effectively “figure it out.” Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment. Must be hands-on and maintain high energy to drive continuous improvement. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mechanical Engineering. Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in the application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes.
Travel. Valid US Passport or ability to obtain. Ability to travel both domestically and globally approximately 10%.
- Design effective and efficient product, tooling, fixtures, and engineering drawings for Specialty Graphite, Ceramics, and Filters product lines.
- Lead or participate in:
- Development programs for new and improved manufacturing processes in support of existing businesses and in preparation for new business.
- Material development programs in support of new and existing product lines.
- Lead acquisition, installation, start-up, documentation, and training of new processes and process upgrades, as required.
- Evaluate, as necessary, raw material substitutions for manufacturing processes.Analyze data and prepare, as necessary, charts, reports, or presentations to communicate results and conclusion of projects.
- Accurately review and update manufacturing proceduresDevelop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions, as needed.
- Regularly review and update manufacturing procedures to reflect the most current processes.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposal process meets customer expectations and are aligned with Pyrotek product portfolio, development and sales goals.
- Provide after sale support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.Perform project management activities when needed and appropriate.
- Develop quality & EHS documentation/ensure compliance as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturingPromote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work within manufacturing and office environments. In the manufacturing environment employee is regularly exposed to noise, heat and/or cold conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Travel may be required both domestic and international.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.