Labor Helper, Production Manufacturing
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sanborn , New York, United States
Open: 09 October 2018
This position performs normal production manufacturing laborer work that includes cleaning, cutting, and boxing of products. Assists regular operators in the performance of their operations when required. Available for general clean-up duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles materials manually or with hoists, slings, frames, fork trucks, etc.
- Performs routine work such as cleaning, cutting, boxing stock and loading/ unloading of capsules.
- Properly labels materials leaving the department.
- Transports materials and equipment.
- Provides manual labor as directed.
- Assists regular operators when workload requires it, under the direction of either a supervisor or an operator to whom he is assigned.
- Responsibility not restricted to direct assistance.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Promptly reports all maintenance or safety needs.
- Accurately completes all documents as required.
- Complies with all applicable sections of the Employee Manual including “General Rules of Conduct".
- Uses a variety of hand and machine tools while working.
- Supports all ISO systems and personnel.
- Obeys all fire and safety regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifts at least 65 lbs.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year of high school math or equivalent.
- Stands and walks while working.
- Moderate background noise.Presence of natural and artificial light.
- Exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled.
- Hard working surfaces for standing and walking.
- Moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust.
Starting pay $15.76 per hour.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.