HR Business Partner - Sanborn
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New York, United States
Open: 16 May 2019 until 30 May 2019
Work in partnership with management on Human Resources (HR) related issues. Anticipate and assess HR-related needs and seek to develop integrated solutions that support Pyrotek’s mission, culture and business objectives. Act as employee champion and change agent. Formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to internal customers.
As a member of the USA Human Resources Team ensure strict compliance with all federal, state and local regulations relating to HR, training and any additional assigned areas of responsibility.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, plus a minimum of five years of generalist HR experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working as a sole practitioner and/or in a manufacturing environment is highly valued.
Certifications: SHRM-CP/PHR, SHRM-SCP/SPHR preferred.
General Human Resources. Working knowledge of all aspects of Human Resources with a strong emphasis on employment law, recruitment, HRIS, people strategies, and performance management. Specialized experience in benefits and/or compensation a plus. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
Core People Skills/Credibility. Ability to positively interact, work collaboratively with and motivate a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Change Agent/Strategic. Courage to make, and influence others to make, difficult people decisions. Able to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek. Ability to actively participate with management in developing and managing strategic goals and objectives. Demonstrated ability to solicit and manage the development of innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges, while taking into account strategic implications.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and get clarification and respond well to questions. Excellent group presentation skills. Ability to write clearly and informatively and edit work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet needs.
Performance Management. Ability to coach employees and managers in a solution-oriented manner which encourages positive outcomes.
Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to read and understand basic business financial reporting. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Proficient computer skills using a variety of office and HR/Payroll related software applications.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives.
Generally, work in an office environment; however, may be required to work with employees and management in the manufacturing environment where PPE is required and noise, heat and other hazardous environmental elements exist.
This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities.
- As part of the USA HR Team and local management develop effective working relationships that enhance positive people management throughout Cortland Operations and Pyrotek. Influence for good and challenge the team on the development and delivery of their workforce development plans in support of the achievement of the business and HR strategies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of people, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Positively contribute to the overall USA HR conversation, goals and initiatives. Proactively participate in HR projects that support our overall effort to build engaged, satisfied and productive people.
- Serve as the HR expert for the states, county and municipalities assigned facilities reside in. Stay up-to-date on new and revised rules, laws and ordinances. Provide timely updates and present proposals to the Division Manager & USA HR Director on related changes, concerns and process improvements.
- Provide HR guidance and interpretation to management on employee relations matters. Ensure all people management is accomplished fairly, consistently, and in compliance with federal/state regulations and Pyrotek policy. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and work to develop creative solutions.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, restructure and succession planning. Act as the performance improvement driver, providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Promote positive people relations by responding appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints and being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Oversee completion of HR, payroll, tax and benefit documents to ensure new employees are properly enrolled in benefits and set up in the payroll system. Assist employees and management with benefits and weekly/biweekly payroll processes, as needed.
- Coordinate exempt recruiting, arranging interviews, and selecting candidates to fill vacant positions. Maintain local applicant tracking via the electronic recruitment module. Acquire local wage survey information within labor market to determine competitive wage rates.
- Manage non-exempt recruiting, hiring, manpower planning & staffing, job posting and assignment, and pay for knowledge processes.
- Provide oversight and administration of Division performance management and pay increase processes.
- Develop, Coordinate and Administrate Local training and professional development programs.
- Actively encourage continuous learning by providing management training and coaching in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment, as needed.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation. Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Ensure all appropriate employee documents are scanned to electronic archive system in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality in the handling of all employee personal and medical information to ensure their privacy is protected.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills.
- Support and ensure compliance of the Pyrotek Safety Program. Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to Safety Report follow-up requests and Safety Committee inquiries.
- Participate positively in meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Division Manager and/or USA HR Director.
Req. #: REF18E
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.