Warehouse Associate - Receiving
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, IN, US, Indiana, United States
Open: 22 February 2019
Warehouse Associate - Receiving
Responsible for materials movement and handling, receiving, loading, unloading, transporting, packaging and crating, stocking, order filling, and shipping.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 3 years warehouse experience. Valid driver’s license.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to set effective priorities and adjust quickly and appropriately to changing demands and needs. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
Customer Service Computer/Applications Skills. Must have basic skills in MS OFFICE Word, Excel, and Outlook. Working knowledge and experience with shipping/receiving and inventory control modules within an ERP system. Visual experience and skills a plus.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Trained and certified in forklift operations.
- Following standard operation procedures, efficiently perform general warehouse functions including: receiving and shipping, material handling, stocking, deliveries, and packaging and crating.
- Accurately perform periodic cycle counts.
- Ensure both internal and outside customer demands are met in a timely manner.
- Maintain physical condition and cleanliness of warehouse.
- Ensure proper use of warehouse equipment and proper PPE required at all times.
- Perform day-to-day warehouse tasks as necessary to meet business need.
- Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Job requires moderate amount of time working at a PC and effective use of a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Frequently required to stand or walk. Communicating effectively by telephone, in person and in writing is required.
Majority of time will be in a warehouse environment where PPE may be required. Periodic exposure to outdoor environment through open shipping doors. Minimal amount of outdoor work may be required loading/unloading flatbed trucks.
Req # 1383
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.