Thermocouple Assembler - 2nd Shift (M-F 3:15 - 11:45 PM)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, IN, IS, Indiana, United States
Open: 12 October 2018
NOTE: This position is on second shift with working hours of Monday through Friday, 3:15 - 11:45 PM. Also must have the ability to train on first shift for 2-3 weeks.
Responsible for processing material into subcomponents via operation of MGO Straightener, RIDGID Pipe Threader Machine, Welding (MIG & TIG), Soldering, Brazing and Sandblasting. Additional responsibilities include performing component level assembly into semi-finished and finished product via various assembly techniques. Responsible for accurate recording of work orders on material used and hourly tracking. Notifies Supervisor immediately regarding any barriers in meeting production requirements.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired, or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. 4+ years of fabrication experience and strong electro mechanical aptitude. Ability to occasionally lift/maneuver material weighting up to 75 pounds.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
Performance Management: Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Possess the functional and technical skills, including electro mechanical, which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculation utilizing a calculator.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and Company policies.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
1. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
2. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
3. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
4. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
5. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
6. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
7. Timely and accurate assembly of components, interconnect wiring and subassemblies and finished goods.
8. Accurate and consistent ability to clock into and out of each job and computer terminals through shop floor.
9. Accurately read work order instructions and carry out operations as necessary.
10. Accurately and efficiently setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
11. Timely notification with supervision of any quality issues, malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
12. Consistently and accurately complete quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
13. Timely and accurately completion of hourly tracking.
14. Continuously keep work area, including machines and floor clean and safe at all times.
15. Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
16. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers and handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up 30 pounds. Occasionally lift/maneuver material up to 75 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities required both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this positon, employee primarily works in a climate-controlled environment with a moderate noise level. At other time employee will work within a manufacturing environment where they may be exposed to noise, heat and/or cold environmental conditions. Employee while working in either environment will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPF).
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.