Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, IN, US, Indiana, United States
Open: 29 October 2018
Who is Pyrotek? We are the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products and processes are inside the daily life of virtually everyone in the developed world. The last car, train and plane that you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of us. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and more beautiful because of Pyrotek. We are a progressive, growth-oriented company with an entrepreneurial outlook headquartered in Spokane Washington with operations in over 40 countries around the world.
The successful candidate will be a key team member responsible for importation of product, procurement and warehouse inventory control. Analyst will work under minimal daily supervision and have responsibility for identifying and resolving planning, logistics and inventory reduction opportunities to optimize quality, cost and delivery.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Logistics with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in purchasing, preferably in a global manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A strong background in MRP driven systems is preferred. Experience in supplier relationship management and negotiations.
Core Business Skills: Exceptional analytical, prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently without significant direction to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Strong negotiating skills required. Ability to prioritize work load appropriately.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and customer centric attitude. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly, concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Visual Basics or other ERP/MRP system.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Travel: Required as needs/opportunities arise.
• Procure materials or other goods and coordinate activities involved with purchasing products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies.
• Assess, audit and keep appropriate inventory levels based on supply and demand forecasts, product rotation, historical usage, supplier lead time changes and sales inputs.
• Participate in or lead supplier contract negotiations, sustain supplier base, engage suppliers in projects that improve quality, minimize lead time and improve pricing and terms of the contract.
• Proactively analyse and react to MRP signals daily to ensure OTD to customers and replenishment of stock levels.
• Develop and maintain an efficient accurate system for monitoring open purchase orders and tracking of late purchase orders.
• Keep stakeholders informed of critical supply issues by communicating supply issues, including late purchase orders, in a timely manner. Collaborate with other departments to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
• Ensure pricing and terms are correct on all purchase orders.
• Support inventory cycle counting or yearly inventory counts as required.
• Responsible for the research and set up of new suppliers to support the business needs. This could include travel to other countries, working with quality, and engineering, sales and senior leadership.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
At Pyrotek, we believe that, our employees, are our most important asset. We help our employees and their families maintain good health-physical, emotional and financial.
• Competitive benefits
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company Paid Group Life
• Wellness Program
• Profit Sharing
Req # 1332
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.