SAMCO Machine Operator F/A - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, IN, US, Indiana, United States
Open: 10 December 2018
This position is on second shift with work schedule of 3:15pm - 11:45pm. The beginning pay for this entry level role is $12.50/hour plus $0.50/hour shift differential.
Responsible for the processing of glasweve, wire-mesh and graph-oil material into finished and semi-finished product via various stamping, slitting, cutting and stapling techniques. Hand load filter subcomponents into semi-automatic stapling machine. Removes, inspect and pack finished product. Follows priorities and sequences in producing product to meet filter customer requirements. Responsible for accurate recording on work orders of material used and hourly tracking. Notify supervisor immediately regarding any barrier in meeting production requirements.
High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
Performance Management: Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
1. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
2. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
3. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
4. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
5. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
6. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
7. Continuously and efficiently operate semi-automatic stapling machine.
8. Proficiently operate rotating table fixture in desired order at either of two stations in conjunction with co-worker, as well as other assigned duties to insure proper packaging.
9. Proficiently operate SAMCO Graph-Oil Press.
10. Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
11. Accurately read work order instructions and proficiently complete operations as required.
12. Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
13. Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
14. Promptly notify supervision of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
15. Accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
16. Timely completion of hourly production tracking boards.
17. Continuously keep work area, including machine and floor clean at all times.
18. Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
19. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers and hand or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 60 pounds. Communicated effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot and cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.