Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, IN, US, Indiana, United States
Open: 22 April 2019
NOTE: This position is on second shift with working schedule of Monday through Friday, 3 PM - 11:30 PM
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager and guidance from the lead Maintenance Technician, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for completion of preventative maintenance tasks, inspecting, maintaining and making minor repairs on machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in an industrial setting by performing the following duties.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC). Pursuing Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School in industrial maintenance or related discipline.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
1. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
2. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
3. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
4. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
5. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
6. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
7. Accurately complete visual inspections and mechanically tests machinery and equipment.
8. Continuously listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with production associates, supervisor or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
9. Safely completes partial disassembly of defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired component.
10. Consistently cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
11. Continuously maintains physical structure of establishment.
12. Safely and efficiently fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
13. Safe, efficient and timely completion of Preventive Maintenance (PM) orders.
14. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; continuously required to remain stationary, be mobile, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and use stairs.
Employee must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds occasionally team-lift up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment, telephone and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works within manufacturing and office environments. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within the manufacturing environment. Employee while in the manufacturing environment is regularly exposed to noise, heat and/or cold environmental conditions.
Req # 1384 / REF5H
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.