Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, IN, US, Indiana, United States
Open: 05 June 2019
Second Shift: Monday - Friday, 3:15 pm - 11:45 pm
Responsible for the processing of mesh fabric material into semi-finished and finished product via various slitting, cutting and stapling techniques.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
Performance Management: Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
- Promptly notification of supervisor of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Proficiently operation various cutting and molding mechanisms.
- Accurately utilize assigned tooling to complete each job.
- Accurately read work order instructions and carry out operations as required.
- Accurate and efficiently setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Accurately complete all quality checks and immediately notify supervisor of any out of tolerance readings.
- Timely completion of hourly production tracking boards.
- Continuously keep work area, including machines and floor clean at all time.
- Safely operate forklift to remove scrap hoppers, make sure material for each job is on schedule and in the proper location, as trained.
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers and hand or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 60 pounds. Communicated effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this positon, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, heat and cold environmental conditions.
Req # REF28H
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.