LPC Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, IN, US, Indiana, United States
Open: 21 August 2018
NOTE: This position is on second shift with working schedule of Monday - Friday, 3:15 - 11:45 PM.
Responsible for the operation of the LPC filter line. Follows priorities and sequences in producing material to meet LPC Filter production requirements. Responsible for accurate recording on work orders of material used and hourly tracking.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity and honesty.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions and company polices.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills, ability to work with a variety of software applications systems. Ability to clock into and out of jobs via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy.Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to complete hourly production boards/hourly tracking. Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Ability to proficiently operate and be certified to operate forklift. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organization skills. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to read and understand basic drawings and work instructions. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the form of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator. Ability to be flexible in work schedule beyond a normal workday.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
1. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
2. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
3. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills.
4. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
5. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures.
6. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
7. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
8. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
9. Proficient measurement of granular and liquids in mixing of coating.
10. Proficient understanding of all the different LPC filter part materials.
11. Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions/prints and operation of cutting machine.
12. Accurately read work order instructions and efficiently carry out directions and multitasking where necessary.
13. Accurately complete quality checks and immediately notify supervisor of any out of tolerance readings.
14. Timely notification to supervisor of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
15. Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
16. Continuously keep work area, including equipment and floor clean at all times.
17. Accurate and proficient packaging of final product.
18. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; continuously required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel. Frequently team maneuvering/handling material weighing up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, and basic calculator.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions.
Req # 1293
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.