Employment Type: Full Time
Location: RELOCATE to Auckland, New Zealand, See Yourself at Pyrotek
Open: 24 January 2023
Pyrotek is a world leader and a global provider in developing, producing, and servicing technical and high-temperature industrial solutions. The company is privately owned with headquarters in Spokane, Washington, USA.
Companies in the Aluminium, Steel, Galvanizing, Glass, Cement, and Zinc industries work with Pyrotek when looking for innovative solutions that help improve their process performance. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems, and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world.
Pyrotek New Zealand is looking to recruit several refractory bricklayers to join its NZ Installation Team that works closely with some of the country's steel mills, cremation services, hospitals, paper mills, and more. Whether your background consists of bricklaying, refractory or gunning we are wanting to hear from you.
This is the Pyrotek team that travels throughout New Zealand to work on jobs involving kilns, cremators, boilers, and furnaces. Growth in our customer base requires us to find more team members to join us in our regional travelling team and in our permanent, customer-based steel mill.
Pyrotek New Zealand is looking to recruit individuals on a global scale, ready to support visa application and emigration.
Day-to-day could include, but never limited to:
- Demolishing and removing refractories
- Workshop maintenance - casting and job preparation
- Installing high-temperature insulation products
- Relining of steel mill ladles, using refractory materials
- Other site steel work as required
- Gunning, formwork, and casting requirements as per project
- Job site checks, job training pre-project commencing
Skills, Abilities, and Qualities
We are hunting for experienced tradespeople with experience in refractory installation. Any refractory qualification would be most advantageous.
- Can-do attitude. Not just on paper but in person. This job requires you to have stamina, an eye for detail and to be a reliable team player.
- Can comply with health and safety requirements. The safe use of equipment on-site is of upmost importance to our organisation.
- Available for a reasonable amount of overtime, which can include weekend work as well as travel regionally and nationally. Large-scale jobs can see you working long days, remunerated accordingly.
- Ability to work physically. Heaving lifting, confined spaces, repetitive work. This job is of a physical labour nature.
Academic Background and Experience
Experience and/or certifications in the below are of interest:
- Bricklaying and/or refractory installation/trowel trades
- Gantry crane
- Confined space and gas detection
- Refractory gunning
- Any experience in steel mills or cremators
In case you are interested in this exciting role then please submit your application and resume to the attention of Kathryn Johnston – HR Business Partner – New Zealand - email@example.com - or please follow the below link to apply for the role directly.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action company.
If you have further inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email is for inquiries only. No applications or resumes should be sent to this address.