Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant provides overall administrative support to the plant on a variety of projects and tasks, including support for accounts payables, payroll and purchasing departments, data entry, managing office supplies and answering phones. Additionally, the role acts as the first and primary point of contact for customers and guests.
- Provide exemplary customer service as the first point of contact for the building which includes greeting guests, answering multi-line phone system, and sorting and distributing mail.
- Accurately and efficiently manage and assist with any mailing needs for the office.
- Effectively maintain office lobby to ensure it is at the highest standard for all guests, and employees.
- Precisely manage all office supply inventory and maintain budget. Coordinate with accounting to reconcile spending for office supplies.
- Coordinate effectively with the Plant Management Team for all in house company meetings and events, to include:
- Small, medium, and large events.
- Purchasing and distributing gifts
- Manage budget for meetings
- Provide support to plant with administrative tasks, to include but not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating plant monitors and bulletin boards with company/site announcements.
- Updating and distributing site phone list and organization chart.
- Enter Daily Production Data into various excel spreadsheets. Preparing monthly production reports as well as ad hoc reports, or analysis as requested.
- Provide backup support for AP, payroll and purchasing departments, responsibilities to include:
- Purchasing. Enter POs into VISUAL. CapEx’s, purchase requests, raw materials, P016’s
- AP/Payroll Coordinator. Calculating and preparing accurate weekly hourly and salary payroll. Reviewing time reporting records, computing pay adjustments, tracking vacation, personal and wellness days taken and entering information into ADP payroll system. Investigate and resolve employee payroll issues and concerns.
- Receptionist duties of answering incoming calls to main Sanborn plant phone number as well as answering door for visitors in lobby and monitoring lobby camera.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our Videos!!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
High School Diploma, plus three years of administrative office experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact, work collaboratively and provide a high level of customer service to a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing/proofreading work for spelling and grammar.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Experience with SharePoint and other database applications is preferred.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction in a fast-paced environment and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work performed in an office environment. Will be required to occasionally enter manufacturing areas to update bulletin board and ensure lunchroom kiosks are operating properly.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice