Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain day to day operations, processes, and systems associated with Payroll. Ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local and company payroll laws and policies. Collect time records and process weekly and bi-weekly payroll and prepare associated reports.
This position is located in our Downtown Spokane Headquarters. Our current work environment is hybrid during COVID. The ultimate goal is to be in the office once it is safe to do so.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Accurately process multi-state payroll information within established timelines and in compliance with applicable laws and policies to include the following specific functions. Examples may include:
- Review weekly and bi-weekly payroll time-keeping data and import to ADP
- Process employee changes including hires, terminations, 401K contributions and loans, garnishments and pay changes
- Audit payroll information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy and procedures
- Coach and train staff involved in payroll processes to assure an accurate, timely, efficient payroll system is maintained
- Maintain payroll information, files and records to provide an audit trail for compliance. Verify and validate data through various monthly, quarterly and annual payroll report audits including state tax filings, wage detail reports, payroll registers, benefit plan reports and various other internal and external reports.
- Provide outstanding and timely customer service to internal and external customers. Work closely with the payroll service provider to ensure proper flow and maintenance of pay data, and human resource representatives to efficiently coordinate the payroll functions.
- Respond to internal and external written and verbal inquiries.
- Identify best practices and drive continuous improvement. Improvements may be related to policies, technical specifications, design solutions and/or documentation. Share ideas with other team members and participate in implementing projects and improvements.
- Prepare and distribute clear, concise instructions, manuals and reports regarding payroll.
- Assist with accounting and administrative functions as required.
Why work for Pyrotek?
- Innovative and collaborative work environment/team
- Beautiful headquarters in downtown Spokane, close to restaurants and shopping
- Weight/Fitness Room
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- It isn't just a job, we have fun!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Minimum of four (4) years of related experience compiling pay data, processing payroll, and ensuring compliance with payroll laws. Experience with payroll software such as ADP is required. Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate experience in payroll and/or time and attendance systems or experience with system design and implementation or experience with 401(k) plan administration. Payroll certification is preferred, but not required.
- Core People Skills. Excellent team player with the ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills. High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Ability to utilize payroll software to generate reports and process payroll.
- General Payroll Processing Skills. Knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act, exemption testing, wage and hour laws, and pay practices relating to hourly and salaried employees. Ability to review time sheets, work charts, wage computations, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Customer Service Skills. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service to internal and external customers. This includes customer needs assessment, timeliness, and meeting or effectively managing customer expectations.
- Organizational Skills. Ability and self-discipline to manage and organize information and provide reliable feedback regarding the status of projects and work. Ability to prioritize and exercise judgement to estimate the time it takes to complete work and keep projects on track. Demonstrated experience organizing or scheduling other people and their tasks. Ability to develop realistic action plans.
- Analytical Skills. Ability to synthesize complex processes and information and collects and research data to design workflows and procedures.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, use stairs, and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work in an office environment.
#payrollspecialist #payrolljobs #pyrotekhiringnow #pyrotekcareers #jobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice