Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday, 2:45 pm - 12:45 am (Occasional Friday hours may be required based on production demand)
Responsible for the direction and coordination of activities of day-to-day production operations by overseeing and following standard operating procedures. Provide supervision to assigned staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Fosters a respectful, positive, transparent and collaborative environment. Displays humility, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity.
Strategic Change Agent. Courage to make and encourage others to make difficult decisions. Ability to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek and actively lead in development/execution of strategic goals and objectives related to assigned responsibility. Demonstrated ability to solicit and manage the development of innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges, while taking into account strategic implications.
Leadership Skills. Builds a culture of tolerance, acceptance and civility by setting an example to staff. Ability to coach and motivate staff in planning, strategic product management, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement. Demonstrated passion for developing others. Ability to effectively manage team projects to completion according to schedule. Ability to provide regular performance feedback and to write annual performance reviews. Ability to foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide teams toward excellence and acting with integrity and ethics. Ability to develop staff skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving product development processes and procedures.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Strong financial analytical capabilities for developing profitable strategies. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Professional Investment. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives.
Must Haves: Bachelor's degree in a related field plus a minimum of three years’ supervisory/lead experience in a manufacturing production environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Effectively oversee, motivate and monitor the performance of assigned staff to include:
a. Providing direction to assigned staff in effectively meeting production goals in a timely and cost-effective manner.
b. Reviewing production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
c. Planning production operations, establish priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
d. Providing clear communication among staff during work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs between shifts, documenting action by completing appropriate production and quality logs.
e. Accepting full accountability for accomplishing organization and production. Actively seek out and accept opportunities for new and different requests and explore opportunities to add value.
f. Inspecting process equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization and coordinates maintenance with the Maintenance Department.
g. Maintaining accurate inventory by conducting periodic cycle counts, reconciling variances and inputting data.
h. Developing or revising standard operational and working practices and observing workers to ensure compliance with standards.
i. Keeping supervisor informed in a timely manner of all relevant items affecting operations, including absenteeism, injuries/safety issues, equipment/tool issues, disciplinary issues, scheduling, and other items as deemed necessary by management.
2. Supervise, coach, support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner. Assist in managing employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance/compensation, resolving grievances, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hires and terminations in a timely manner.
3. Perform day-to-day production tasks as necessary to meet business need.
4. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
5. Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives and expectations throughout assigned department/staff. Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication. Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives.
6. Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values. Create a work environment that helps foster the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways. Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
7. Ensure proper use of equipment and proper PPE at all times. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary. Identify new applications, innovations, quality and/or safety improvements and report findings/results to management. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
8. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
9. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
10. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
11. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
12. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
13. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
14. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment where employee is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles and where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.