Assembler - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: 3:15 pm - 11:45 pm; Monday - Friday
Responsible for processing material into sub components via operation of MGO Straightener and RIDGID Pipe Threader Machine. Additional responsibilities include performing component level assembly into semi-finished and finished product via various assembly techniques.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
- Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to read and understand basic drawings.
- Ability to understand basic scheduling.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculation utilizing a calculator.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and Company policies.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired, or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. 2+ years of fabrication experience and strong electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Timely and accurate assembly of components, interconnect wiring and sub assemblies and finished goods.
- Accurate and consistent ability to clock into and out of each job and computer terminals through shop floor.
- Accurately read work order instructions and carry out operations as necessary.
- Accurately and efficiently setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Timely notification with supervision of any quality issues, malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Consistently and accurately complete quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
- Continuously keep work area, including machines and floor clean and safe at all times.
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers and handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up 30 pounds. Occasionally lift/maneuver material up to 75 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee primarily works in a climate-controlled environment with a moderate noise level. At other time employee will work within a manufacturing environment where they may be exposed to noise, heat and/or cold environmental conditions. Employee while working in either environment will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.