CNC Maintenance Technician B
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, OH
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Second Shift: 2pm - 10:30 pm; Monday - Friday. Successful candidate will train on first shift 1 - 3 months (6a - 2:30 pm). Shift differential applies upon movement to Second Shift.
Primarily responsibility for troubleshooting and resolving issues with equipment in and around the plant. Providing assistance to install machinery and equipment. Perform preventative maintenance to proactively identify or eliminate issues before they arise.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Able to quickly assess problems and offer solutions on machinery, equipment, facilities and buildings. Able to perform mechanical tasks, be observant and thorough.
- Solid understanding of basic mathematics. Demonstrated ability to use a variety of hand and power tools. Ability to operate instruments of maintenance shop including forklifts, cranes and hoists. Ability to read, comprehend blueprints, drawings, sketches, and/or written procedures. Possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to obtain valid fork lift certification.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient in electrical systems. Ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical schematics.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Must Haves: H.S. Diploma or GED. Associate or Technical Certificate, preferred. 2 (two) years of related experience repairing CNC Mills and Lathes in a manufacturing environment.
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery, equipment, facilities, and buildings in and about plant.
- Perform installation of equipment and machinery.
- Identify, request, and pick-up replacement parts in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Preform preventative maintenance on machine tools and general building equipment.
- Actively update assigned work orders in the maintenance software system.
- Ensure written work schedule is completed in prescribed time frame.
- Utilize appropriate equipment, thoroughly test and inspect machine tools and building equipment before returning equipment back to service.
- Complete all electrical work assigned to local and state code.
- Maintain clean work area and ensure all equipment used is in proper working condition
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, walk on concrete floors, lift or push up to 50 pounds occasionally. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Must be able to withstand: temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons, light to moderate amount of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise. Work in plant and outside facility. Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolds, standing, walking, lifting and kneeling on hard surfaces for long periods of time. Must work safely in a graphite-machining environment. Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.